Plankton Light Reactor (phytoplankton reactor)
Phytoplankton (Micro-algae) cultivation unit. The Phytoplankton reactor is a simple system for producing plankton in a natural food chain. Within the plankton light reactor, micro-algae are produced with light, fertilizer and CO2. The micro-algae can be fed directly to many filter-feeding invertebrates, and especially to zooplankton. The growth rate of the micro-algae in the plankton light reactor is enormous. If the supply of light, CO2 and nutrients is continuous, the biomass of the algae may increase four-fold within 24 hours. Both fresh- and saltwater species of phytoplankton can be cultivated.
Phytoplankton reactor lid include three inputs which can be used as :
- air supply – generate natural movement of water inside reactor
- co2(carbon dioxide) input – natural “fertilizer” for phytoplankton
- phytoplankton liquid output – connected to dosing station can feed your aquarium with plankton every day/night
- fresh/saltwater input – for refilling reactor column with new water
The reactor cap has a vent allowing the reactor to “breathe”. The lower part of the reactor is equipped with a specially profiled cone to facilitate the collection of ready (mature) liquid as well as the removal of dead algae from the reactor chamber.
Reactors available are in three different versions:
- PR 70/110 – small size reactor – perfect for home use. Capacity: 5 Liters. Size: 150x190x750mm.
- PR 70/150 – medium size reactor – ideal for shops/small farms. Capacity: 9.5 Liters. Size: 190x220x750mm
- PR 70/200 – large size reactor – designed for breeding farms and shops which want to sell phytoplankton to their Customers. Capacity: 17 Liters. Size: 230x280x750mm
Reactor allows you to acquire about 30% volume per day.
Movie with working reactor: Phytoplankton reactor
The reactor uses a special kind of light to grow algae, set not include an aeration pump, we recommend a small pump with a capacity of 50-100l / min.