Rotifiers and zooplankton cultivation unit.
The Rotifier reactor is a simple system for producing rotifiers and larger zooplankton strains. The base of the culture column is flared in a cone ended by a pipe and a valve to evacuate all the deposits and waste from the culture (molts, algae clumps).
The reactor is also provided with 3 entries inserted into the lid to allow nutrients (micro-algae), air (bubbling) and culture medium for renewal.
There rotifier reactor lid has 3 holes, that you may use for:
- air supply – generate natural movement of water inside reactor
- phytoplankton input – feeding for zooplankton
- fresh/saltwater input – for refilling reactor column with new water
The reactor cap has a vent allowing the reactor to “breathe”. The lower part of the reactor is equipped with a specially profiled cone to facilitate the collection of ready (mature) liquid as well as the removal of waste from the culture from the reactor chamber.
Reactors available are in three different versions:
- RR 70/110 – small size reactor – perfect for home use. Capacity: 5 Liters. Size: 160x190x750mm.
- RR 70/150 – medium size reactor – ideal for shops/small farms. Capacity: 9.5 Liters. Size: 200x220x750mm
- RR 70/200 – large size reactor – designed for breeding farms and shops which want to sell zooplankton to their Customers. Capacity: 17 Liters. Size: 250x280x750mm
Reactor allows you to acquire about 30% volume per day.